Advenio is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of MacGourmet 2.1
, the latest version of our application for organizing your recipes and your wine and cooking notes. Version 2.1, a major update to the popular Mac recipe application that adds many new user-requested features, including many new import and export options, is a free upgrade for current registered MacGourmet users. Version 2 can be purchased online
for only $24.95.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Advenio Releases MacGourmet 2.1, Now With Many New Import and Export Options
Lewiston, ME -- April 2, 2007 - Advenio today announced the release and immediate availability of MacGourmet 2.1 for Mac OS X. MacGourmet allows Mac-loving cooks to quickly and easily organize their recipes, wine notes and cooking notes, all using a Mac-friendly user interface that is familiar and easy to use. Version 2.1, a major update to the popular Mac recipe application that adds many new user-requested features, including many new import and export options, is a free upgrade for current registered MacGourmet users. Version 2 can be purchased online for only $24.95.
New in version 2.1:
- New and improved recipe exporters for formats including iPod notes, text, RTF and Meal-Master.
- New and improved importers for formats including RecipeML and a variety of 3rd party application formats.
- New "one step" importing service for grabbing recipes from popular recipe web sites.
- The ability to open alternate recipe libraries at application launch.
"The new version moves to an all new plug-in architecture." said Michael Dupuis, the creator of MacGourmet and one of the founders of Advenio. "which allows for a lot more flexibility and a quicker turnaround when producing new importers and exporters. It also makes it easier to add functionality in general so users should see a lot of benefit from this in the future."
About MacGourmet 2.1 for Mac OS X
You organize your digital photos, you make playlists of your mp3s. Now bring your recipe organization into the 21st century with MacGourmet. Think of MacGourmet as "iTunes for Recipes". MacGourmet helps you create and edit recipes, wine notes and cooking notes, easily browse your entire collection, and build your own custom lists for categories like appetizers or desserts. MacGourmet also offers the following features:
- Publishing of your collections to .Mac and WebDAV accounts
- Publishing of recipes to MovableType, Blogger, TypePad and Blojsom weblogs
- Many options for printing your recipes, including printing on index cards
- Easy import of recipes found on the web using clipping, drag and drop and cut and paste
- A sample recipe pack for first time users of 80 recipes
- Shopping list export to HandyShopper and SplashShopper on your PDA, or to your iPod
- An extra large Chef's view for preparing your recipes in the kitchen
- Import of MasterCook, MasterCook Mac and Meal-Master recipes
- Flexible recipe scaling
- Metric conversion
- Many ways to search, including the recipe box search field, find, cupboard find and potluck find
- Smart lists that keep themselves updated automatically
- Chef's Reference of commonly used cooking information
MacGourmet 2 for Mac OS X is a Universal application for PowerPC and Intel Macs, and is available for download as a free demo that can be used 20 times before expiring. During each session, every feature can be used, with limits only on the number of times an action can be utilized during each session.
Pricing and Availability
MacGourmet 2 registrations can be purchased for $24.95 online at http://store.esellerate.net/advenio/macgourmet, or by using the built-in purchasing module. Users of MacGourmet version 1 receive a free upgrade to version 2 just by downloading the latest version and using their existing serial number. MacGourmet 2.1 is a free update for all registered users.
MacGourmet is available for download at the Advenio web site: http://macgourmet.com/download.html.
Located in Lewiston, ME, Advenio develops popular and user-friendly applications for Apple's Mac OS X. For further details, please visit our web site: http://advenio.com