MacGourmet:Nutrition Brings Nutritional Analysis to the Mac
Lewiston, ME (September 18, 2007) - Advenio today released MacGourmet:Nutrition, an all-new plug-in for MacGourmet, their recipe, wine and cooking note organizer, that brings simple, ingredient-based nutritional analysis to the Mac. Using the latest information from the USDA, Nutrition can quickly and easily generate a nutritional estimate from recipe ingredients, in just a few simple steps. MacGourmet:Nutrition requires MacGourmet version 2.2, which was also released today.
Nutrition delivers quick and easy nutritional analysis on the Mac. The nutrition of what we eat increases in importance every day, and MacGourmet: Nutrition allows cooks to get a great picture of the health and nutrition of the dishes they prepare, or want to prepare.
Nutrition works by allowing users to map the ingredients of a recipe to nutritional items in the USDA database, creating estimates based on the mappings and amounts. It features full integration with MacGourmet, and has summary and calculation details views that clearly show the values that were calculated and how those calculations were done.
Nutrition also allows users to browse and search the extensive USDA Release 19 database. Finding nutritional information on individual items, even supermarket and fast foods, is all just a quick search away using the database browser.
"Nutritional analysis was one of the most often requested features I'd been receiving." said Michael Dupuis, the creator of MacGourmet. "Now, Nutrition adds this functionality to MacGourmet, in an easy to use and well integrated plug-in."
Pricing and Availability: Nutrition sells for $11.95. For a limited time, it can be purchased for only $9.99 (over 15% off the regular price). Online delivery is available at the MacGourmet online store: http://store.esellerate.net/advenio/mg-nutrition.
MacGourmet:Nutrition Requirements: Nutrition is a plug-in and requires MacGourmet 2.2 or later, which is available separately.
MacGourmet:Nutrition is available for download at the MacGourmet web site: http://macgourmet.com/nutrition.html.
Advenio also today announced the release and immediate availability of MacGourmet 2.2 for Mac OS X. MacGourmet allows Mac-loving cooks to quickly and easily organize their recipes, wine notes and cooking notes, all using a Mac-friendly user interface that is familiar and easy to use. Version 2.2, a free update to the popular Mac recipe application, adds some new user-requested features, including a new widescreen display mode, summary table views, and a new plug-in installer mechanism. MacGourmet 2.2 can be purchased online for only $24.95.
New in version 2.2:
- Widescreen preference that uses 3 columns to display your information.
- Table summary views that display information in a new, compact way.
- An easy way to search for duplicate recipes.
- An easier way to install MacGourmet plug-ins.
"The latest version adds a new 3 column widescreen display mode," said Michael Dupuis, "which is something a lot of users had been telling me they wanted. The new version also features a compact summary view, for displaying item information in a more compact way."
About MacGourmet 2.2 for Mac OS X:
You organize your digital photos, you make playlists of your mp3s. Now bring your recipe organization into the 21st century with MacGourmet. Think of MacGourmet as "iTunes for Recipes". MacGourmet helps you create and edit recipes, wine notes and cooking notes, easily browse your entire collection, and build your own custom lists for categories like appetizers or desserts. MacGourmet also offers the following features:
- Nutritional analysis using the optional Nutrition plug-in
- Publishing of your collections to .Mac and WebDAV accounts
- Many options for printing your recipes, including printing on index cards
- Easy import of recipes found on the web using clipping, drag and drop and cut and paste
- One step importing of recipes from popular recipe sites like Epicurious.com, AllRecipes.com and Yahoo! Food
- A sample recipe pack for first time users of 80 recipes
- Shopping list export to HandyShopper and SplashShopper on your PDA, or to your iPod
- An extra large Chef's view for preparing your recipes in the kitchen
- Import of MasterCook, MasterCook Mac and Meal-Master recipes
- Flexible recipe scaling
- Metric conversion
- Many ways to search, including the recipe box search field, find, cupboard find and potluck find
- Smart lists that keep themselves updated automatically
- Chef's Reference of commonly used cooking information
- Publishing of recipes to MovableType, Blogger, TypePad and Blojsom weblogs
MacGourmet 2 for Mac OS X is a Universal application for PowerPC and Intel Macs, and is available for download as a free demo that can be used 20 times before expiring. During each session, every feature can be used, with limits only on the number of times an action can be utilized during each session.
Pricing and Availability: MacGourmet 2 registrations can be purchased for $24.95 online at http://store.esellerate.net/advenio/macgourmet, or by using the built-in purchasing module. MacGourmet 2.2 is a free update for all registered users.
MacGourmet System Requirements: Macintosh users must have at least a 1 GHz PowerPC G4 processor, 256 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
MacGourmet is available for download at the Advenio web site: http://macgourmet.com/download.html.
Located in Lewiston, ME, Advenio develops popular and user-friendly applications for Apple's Mac OS X. For further details, please visit our web site: http://advenio.com